![]() |
To print: Click here or Select File and then Print from your browser's menu
-------------------------------------------------------------- This story was printed from dtheatre.com, located at http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=1498. --------------------------------------------------------------
|
StarWars Fans Protest Episode II Title By Unknown, (DT) August 14, 2001 3:09 PM PT |
|
NOTE: These are the opinions and ramblings of an avid StarWars fan and Dtheatre.com reader. Dtheatre.com had nothing to do with the writing of this release.
It seems as though some StarWars Fans have had just about enough. ?What started as one man?s protest has escalated into something larger than even he imagined. ?Upon hearing the new title given to Episode II (Attack of the Clones) Brady Nelson nearly jumped out of his Mandelorian Armour. ?"Not again!" ?"I won?t be abused like this again." ?Living in ?a suburb of Toronto, Canada, Nelson began his little revolution. ?"I was tired of being treated like a Moron. ?Lucas has this mass following. He has all of these loyal fans who follow everything that he does, yet he treats them with no respect. ?When he released the original trilogy on VHS we bought it. ?When he released the SE trilogy on VHS we bought it. ?When he released it a third time yet again on VHS we bought it. ?We?re the same people that put up with the title "Phantom Menace" and got in line for hours to see f*cking Jar Jar Binks. ?And what does he do for an encore, "Attack of the Clones". ?Well I?ve had enough." By phone, email and through print, Nelson started what has become the hottest topic of the summer. ?An estimated 50,000 people of all ages showed up at Molson Park in Barrie, Ontario yesterday to hear what Nelson had to say. ?Keeping it short, the new ruler of the galaxy, hit on some points that he felt were uncalled for, such as the non-release of the original Trilogy as well as the Indiana Jones Trilogy to DVD. ?He then touched on the new title and how something had to be done. ?With that he started a plan into action that could cause major waves for Lucas Films. ?Before appropriately ending his speech with "May the force be with you, always" Nelson told everyone to go out and convince 3 people to email Lucas at the STARWARS.com site and voice there discontent with the new title as well as there eventual boycott of the film. ?Brady asks that you cc: him on all emails to Lucas so he can keep and accurate count. ?He also told each person to make sure that the three people they tell, must tell three more people and so on. ?(He must be a big fan of "Pay It Forward") With a roar from the crowd Nelson introduced rockers ?The Tragically Hip" and "Our Lady Peace" who entertained the audience for the rest for the rest of the evening. So far the plan has been working. ?An estimated 200,000 people have contacted Nelson to let him know that they are with him and that they will boycott the film. ?The cause knows no borders, as some of the angry fans were from Europe as well as the upper United States. ?The numbers are not that staggering yet, but if you take the number of people and multiply that by the price of an average movie ticket, it starts adding up. With the film not slated to be released until the summer of 2002, it leaves almost a year for Nelson to complete his mission. That mission is to get justice for all those who shell out there hard earned dollars to follow the adventures of the first family of space. Lucas Films was not available for comment. Brady Nelson can be reached at attackoftheclonesprotest@hotmail.com |
![]() |