![]() |
To print: Click here or Select File and then Print from your browser's menu
-------------------------------------------------------------- This story was printed from dtheatre.com, located at http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=1387. --------------------------------------------------------------
|
Holy Lots of News Batman! By Azad, (DT) April 30, 2001 12:23 PM PT |
|
First off, the director of the new Batman film has confirmed that George Clooney is to reprise his role as the caped crusader himself, according to a news report from UK's Guardian Web Site. And of course, this is despite the fact the the actor's original turn as Batman in Batman and Robin was a complete box office flop. And according to rumors, Clooney could be reprising the role under duress. An industry insider claimed that the actor had been contracted to do two Batman films, but was unhappy about the role due to poor box office turnout of the previously mentioned Batman movie. But perhaps a $15 million pay packet and the chance to work with *gasp* Aronofsky may have changed the actor's mind about things. Contrary to earlier news sources, it has been confirmed that Darren Aronofsky is, after all, directing the next Batman movie. Darren Aronofsky, who previously directed the controversial Pi and the award-winning Requiem For A Dream, has said that the former ER star would return to the role in Batman: Year One. He told reporters: "George Clooney is going to be back as Batman in the movie. There are no major casting changes". Batman: Year One is one of two Batman films currently in production. Whereas the Aronofsky project will be a prequel to the previous Batman films, the animated Batman Beyond will see a retired Bruce Wayne handing the Caped Crusader mantle over to a younger man. Expect both films in theatres sometime in 2002. |
![]() |